WMCC Christmas Party
Carl Lins has made all the arrangements for the annual WMCC Christmas party, like he has for the last several years. We will again be at the DoubleTree hotel in Grand Rapids for this years party.
We are asking that those who plan to attend the party to please RSVP ASAP so we can plan accordingly. Below are the details for the party.
Email your RSVP to email@example.com.
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Rapids Airport. 4747 28th Street SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49512-1915, TEL: 616-957-0100
When: December 8, 2018
Time: Doors open at 5:00pm
Dinner about 6:30pm.
There will be a Cash Bar
After dinner there will be more socializing, White elephant gift exchange and Ugly sweater contest awards. as well as Carls Picture video will be running all evening.
We have the room till 12:00pm- (Well that’s when we have the room reserved till, I am sure we can extend it as we have in the past).
We will again be holding our annual UGLY sweater Contest, so Grab the ugliest sweater you can find and join us in WMCC ugly sweater contest. Prizes will be awarded for the UGLYIEST sweater. We will also be doing a white elephant gift exchange (no more than $20 per person) see official rules for white elephant gift exchange.
The gift exchange and Sweater contests are optional, but you can participate if you like. They are both alot of fun. Below are the Gift exchange rules.
Official White Elephant Gift Exchange Rules
A White Elephant Gift Exchange is a popular Christmas event where people vie to walk away with the best present. Here are the rules:
- 1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute. The gift can be anything, you can buy something or re-gift something you already own. It can be a Gage gift, Weird gift, Funny gift, or a Nice gift. Its your choice. (no more than $20 per person)
- Players draw names to determine what order they will go in.
- The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it. Make sure everyone can see the gift!
- The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else. To keep things moving along, there are a couple of limits on gift swapping: A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back. After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end (otherwise things could drag on for a long time).
- After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end. Note that for this last “extra” turn, the three-swap rule doesn’t apply. Players can keep swapping until someone decides to stand pat, or there are no other eligible people to steal from.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all there!!!